Calley Congo, Registered Dietitian
- Registered Dietitian with the New Zealand Dietitians Board
- Graduated from Queensland University of Technology (Australia) with first class honours
Meet Calley, founder of Healthy Foundations and a New Zealand Registered Dietitian (RD). Calley is passionate about supporting positive attitudes towards food and body. She supports you in understanding how a balanced approach to nutrition can support your health and well-being. Her advice is simple and relatable.
Calley has worked in a variety of settings including community nutrition, aged care facilities, hospitals, universities and private practice. She has worked in rural towns across Queensland and South Canterbury.
Calley currently works with the South Canterbury District Health Board as a Clinical Dietitian, supporting mental health services and inpatients.
She has experience in diverse areas such as:
- Balanced approach to weight management
- Easy to understand diabetes nutrition counselling including management of Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes
- Managing stomach issues including Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Lowering cholesterol and blood pressure
- Disordered eating behaviour and/or body image concern
- Managing emotional eating
- Food allergies and intolerances including low chemical diets, Coeliac disease and food allergies
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Nutrition during different life stages including pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- Supporting children, addressing healthy nutrition and problem eating behaviours
- Pre- and post-surgery nutrition including bariatric surgery
- And more..