Thank-you for choosing Healthy Foundations to provide your patients’ dietetics services. At Healthy Foundations our philosophy is to support clients in creating healthy changes while maintaining a positive relationship towards food and eating.
We pride ourselves on offering the best in evidence-based, client-centred nutrition advice in South Canterbury. Our wide range of services encourage long term healthy eating changes, providing education, support and practical skills training in the establishment of healthy habits.
We are excited to work alongside yourself in order to support your clients’ long term success. Working as a team is recognised as a key factor in safe, effective and efficient health care delivery. Healthy Foundations is committed in engaging in collaborative practice so that together, we can explore and solve common issues.
This collaboration extends to working with our clients. Client-centered care is at the core of the Healthy Foundations philosophy and is integral to assisting our clients in create healthy changes in their lives.
How Can We Help?
Our dietitians can address the following concerns through personalised nutrition therapy:
- Insulin resistance or pre-diabetes
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Gestational diabetes mellitus
- Management of cardiovascular disease risk
- Constipation and other gastrointestinal problems
- Irritable bowel syndrome including implementation and support around a low FODMAP diet
- Food allergies and intolerance including implementation and support around elimination diets and gluten free diets
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Weight management
- Pre- and post- surgery management including support around bariatric surgery
- Eating disorders and disordered eating patterns
- Managing emotional eating
Check out our handy resource on when to refer to a dietitian.
Supporting Our Peers
We are dedicated to improving the capabilities for health professionals in the South Canterbury area. Our dietitian has previously provided nutrition training for GPs, exercise physiologists, dietitians, psychologists and educators. Contact us to discuss the opportunities for professional development at your practice.
Referring Your Patients
It’s very easy to refer your patients to Healthy Foundations.
You can now refer to us through ERMS!
Alternatively download and print our dietitian referral form or use our online form.
We value your feedback so please don’t hesitate to contact our practitioners to discuss the health of your client or how we can help!